7.17.2011

Santa Fe



I painted this for a Daily Paintworks challenge that had to do with painting while listening to music. Here is the blurb I put on DPW:

This was painted to Ruben Romero’s album Romanza. in honor of Santa Fe. NM where the photo was taken. The photo happened when my husband stopped outside a coffee shop to listen to street musicians doing decent blues riffs. As we listened I saw the man inside the coffee shop reading Duke Ellington music notation. Snapping away I couldn’t keep the photo from being mostly reflection of me snapping away to the beat of my own art song. And I agree, this is a strange painting but it was lots of fun.

11x14 oil on linen

2 comments:

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

Sheryl, I really love the cubist feel in this painting - maybe even a little Picasso??? You captured the reflections wonderfully. Love that you painted yourself with camera. Really nice work.

Patti Vincent said...

Very cool!